Fun-Schooling! Did you even know there was such a thing? I wanted there to be, I tried to make it something like that…but too often I have ended up trying to recreate “school” at home. And that is especially challenging while being on the go, we don’t have a schedule, road-schooling family.
- Math Lessons for a Living Education book* 2 & 3. This was originally my first choice for math but for some odd reason I tried something else. So because we year round and because a big chunk of book 2 is review for us I expect that we will do both this year. I’d just start in book 3book 3 BUT I want him to hear the fun story and experience the hands on amzingness of these books. (I’m a big fan Angela O’Dell’s and have plans to dig into her history books sooner then later also see well.)
- Comic book Math YES, it’s basic repetitive single addition and subtraction BUT he wants to play in the book and his math facts have improved since working in it. He loves math and we like to color the artwork together while listening to audiobooks.
- Fun-Schooling Math Mysteries & Practice Problems with Minecraft: Math Stories and Practice Problems 2nd, 3rd and 4th Grade (Homeschooling with Minecraft) (Volume 2) This book is beyond a hit! Most days I don’t even have to suggest that he works in it, he just does. And some of the math equations are things we have not even covered yet, but because these journals are so intuitive he just figures it out.
- Fun-Schooling Math Mysteries – Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide: Ages 6-10 ~ Create Your Own Number Stories & Master Your Math Facts! (Fun-Schooling Math with Thinking Tree Books) (Volume 1)
- Multiplication Games – 180 Days of Math, Art & Logic Fun: Do It Yourself Homeschooling
- The Littlest Math Book – Adding & Subtracting: Fun-Schooling for Beginners – Use Art & Logic to Teach Math to Creative Kids
- Are You a Math Genius? The Inventor’s Book of Calculation Games – For Brilliant Thinkers: 180 Pages of Mathematical Creativity for Ages 13 + (The … 8th, 9th, 10, 11th & 12th Grade) (Volume 1)
And because math is more then just “math problems”
- The Creative Child’s YUM-Schooling Cookbook: 15 Step-by-Step Recipes – With Coloring and Activities (Cookbooks for Creative & Dyslexic Kids) (Volume 1)
- An Educational Coloring book: 99 Occupations “When I grow up I want to be…”=
- Dr Who Yahatzee
- Money Bags Coin Value Game
- Cooking Class